Having hit a block on writing, I took the easier path – write on what I’m up to… An update to the September’06 Quo Vadis…
I am reading:
- My experiments with Truth – M K Gandhi
- Smart moves - Carla Hannaford
I am listening to:
- My wife, as always… (this does not change)
- Mish mash of Tamil mp3, ranging from oldies to newies.
- FM 100.10 on my car radio – the Carnatic channel, a perfect antidote to the late evening traffic
I am amused by:
- This jpeg that someone sent me – brings a smile,
- (On the lines of Devon Malcom’s or Courtney Walsh’s art of batting,) Rahul Gandhi’s attempt at politics (or realpolitik, if I may add). It, my friends, is worth ROFLing!
- Sachin Tendulkar’s outrage on being questioned. We, the lesser mortals, forget – God is next only to him.
I am looking forward to:
- Cautiously, restart of Karate classes; about a month into it and I’m feeling good, good, good!! (except for the closing 15m of the class, when I'm ready to drop dead and Sensei pushes for that last effort !)
- Hopefully, running the
mini-Marathon (at least 10Km) – not sure if I’m training enough. Bangalore
- My “magnum-opus” – its just seems around the corner, just behind the (writer’s) block and clouded by the lack of motivation (to write, to complete)
I am frustrated by:
- Sometimes, Parenting – it’s a two-step-one-step thing – with forward and backward thrown in somewhere there. Wish could lay my hands on that book...
- Our tendency to admire the problem and not get into the details to actually solve it, methodically; but continue to talk of how the situation needs to change
I am impressed by:
- The Sri Lankan team – who have proven that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Even with two losses to Canas recently, Federer’s dismantling of Roddick in Australian Open and this shot by him (sorry, cant post the clip - but trust me, that return of Roddick's smash is just out of the world) !! Awesome!!!